Wednesday 13 November 2013

Heat Transfer Printing

Colour Chart

Rainbow trout heat transfer print created using the following transfer paints, magenta, turquoise, violet, amethyst, emerald, bottle green, lime and green. I think this has worked well but it could have been improved by adding some finer detail using a smaller brush.

I decided to create another transfer print sample using a photocopy of my tin can label. I did this in layers. First I transferred the text and line detail then over the top of that print i painted some block colours onto paper and printed that over the top.

 Next I tried out a collage print. I painted some areas on paper and splashed on some transfer paint and added some lace, buttons and twine.

These prints didn't come out very well at all! I think i left too many areas white and should have added a lot more colour so the lace print would show up clearer.




No comments:

Post a Comment